Update an Organization
Our web site, VisitMaine.com, was designed to allow individuals businesses to add and update listings using an online form. Having the businesses updating their own listings is the best way to keep data accurate and current.
Instructions for updating your organization
- Go to MOTPartners.com and click “Manage Listings”.
Input your email address and password and you will go to a page called “Manage Listings”. If you do not have an account, continue on to the next step. If you have forgotten your password, follow the below sub-steps. Otherwise skip to Step 5.
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link.
- Input your email address. This sends you an email message with a link you must open to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email and input your new password and click on “Save”.
- If this is your first time adding a listing to VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com click on the “Register” link.
Complete the form including your name, email address, password and phone number, and then click “Submit”.
Fig. 1.1 Registration form.
On the “My Listings” homepage, click on the "Update" button.
Fig. 1.2 Where to update an organization.
- This will bring you to a five-step form where you can update information. As you update information, you can either click through the steps at the top of the page, or scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Continue” button.
- Step Five allows you to review all your information on one page. If it looks good, simply click on “Finish” and this submits your listing for review.
The Maine Office of Tourism, Maine’s Lakes & Mountains Tourism Council, Aroostook County Tourism, and DownEast & Acadia Region must review all listings prior to their appearance on each site. Please allow five business days for approval.
The Maine Office of Tourism, Maine’s Lakes & Mountains Tourism Council, Aroostook County Tourism, and DownEast & Acadia Region request that all businesses receiving a free link on VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com provide a reciprocal link on your site. A simple link to our sites from yours will increase the relevancy of all sites in search engine rankings and increase the likelihood that more people will click on them.
If you have any questions please call us at (207) 624-9808.