Blue Hill Bay
Also known as Eggemoggin Light, this beacon guided mariners into Eggemoggin Reach and Blue Hill Bay, a busy lumbering port in the 19th century. According to historian Jeremy D'Entremont, keepers created special ways to communicate with the mainland. In the 1920s, when one keeper was needed on shore, a woman across on the mainland would hang a black suit outside her house as a signal. The light now is privately owned. It can be seen from Naskeag Road in Brooklin, or by boat.
Blue Hill Bay Lighthouse was built in 1857.