The Kennebec River Range Light Station was built in 1908. This station consists of two white, wooden octagonal towers containing special "range" reflector lights, along with a clapboard keeper's house. The two towers stand just 13 and 21 feet high respectively and are connected by a wooden walkway. Mariners heading north on the Kennebec use the two beacons to help them line up their ships before making a potentially treacherous turn.
Caretaker: Range Light Keepers