This cute little octagonal wooden light, with its pyramidal fog bell tower, helped mariners to navigate the Kennebec River. It was automated in 1959 and fell into disrepair. Friends of Perkins Lighthouse are working to restore the property. The light can be seen from Parker Head Road in Phippsburg or from several cruises.
Perkins Island Light Station was built in 1898.