This station includes a cute octagonal, shingled tower, a shingled fog bell house with a gable roof, and a two-story keeper's dwelling. It is not open to the public but can be reached at the end of Bald Head Road in Arrowsic, following a short hike. It also can be seen from Route 209 in Phippsburg, just across the river.
Squirrel Point Light Station was built in 1898.
Lighthouse Day 2010:
Hours of Operation: 9 to 3
Guided Tours: Self-guided
Height of Tower: 25 feet
Climbing Restrictions: None
Special Events: Keepers house will be open to the public
Located: Land-based at the end of a walking trail
Caretaker: Chewonki Foundation