Goat Island Light Station
The light, designed to help mariners find their way to sheltered Cape Porpoise Harbor, was one of the last light stations to be unmanned. Secret service agents protecting President George H.W. Bush found it a convenient spot to keep an eye on the Bush compound at Walker's Point. It's now leased to the Kennebunk Conservation Trust, which is restoring it. The station is not open to the public, but the Trust sometimes gives tours by special appointment.
Goat Island Light Station was built in 1833.