Castle Tucker presents a vivid record of Wiscasset history. Silas Lee built this Federal-style mansion in 1807 when the town was the busiest port east of Boston. Lee died in 1814 and the house passed through a succession of owners. In 1858, Richard Tucker, son of a Wiscasset shipping family, bought the property, updated the interiors and added a two-story porch to the front. He brought a shipload of furnishings from Boston and moved in with his bride. In 1871, the family fortunes collapsed. Family entertainments were replaced by farming and paying guests. After Richard Tucker's death, his daughter Jane returned from New York, with a passion for exotic decoration. Jane and her niece did much to preserve the historic character of the house.