Doubling Point Light Station was built in 1839. It is one of several river lights in Maine, most of them set beside the Kennebec River. This octagonal tower was placed where the main channel of the Kennebec turns sharply. It sits on a pier, connected to the shore by a walkway. It is at the end of Doubling Point Road, on the west end of Arrowsic Island. The light is privately owned, but caretakers allow access to the grounds. Boat tours of this and several other river lights are available.