The light, built in 1833, helps mariners find their way to sheltered Cape Porpoise Harbor. It was one of the last light stations to be automated. Secret service agents protecting President George H.W. Bush found it a convenient spot to keep an eye on the Bush compound at Walker's Point. It's leased to the Kennebunkport Conservation Trust. The station is not open to the public, but the Trust gives occasional tours by special appointment.