Indian Island Light Station was established in 1850 at the entrance to Rockport Harbor. It's a square brick tower attached to a T-shaped keeper's house. The station was closed in 1934 and replaced by an automated beacon on nearby Lowell Rock. The Indian Island lighthouse is privately owned and not open to the public. But it can be seen from aboard excursion boats that launch from nearby harbors.