Maine Windjammers parade by the Rockland Breakwater Light. Photo courtesy of the Maine Windjammer Assoc.
Rockland Breakwater Light was built in 1888 at the end of a half-mile granite breakwater. From a distance, the station looks like a house drifting out to sea, with a small beacon attached. The lighthouse is open for tours on summer weekends. It can be reached by turning onto Waldo Ave. from Route 1, then turning right on Samoset Road. The road ends at a small parking area. The Breakwater, to the left of the parking area, leads about .8 miles to the lighthouse.