Red's Famous Lobster Roll
If you want to cook and pick your own lobster meat, plan on one 1 to 1 ½ pound hardshell lobster or two to three 1 to 1¼-pound softshell lobsters per roll. (Do not use frozen lobster meat; that is a sin.)
- 1 split-top hot dog bun, sides brushed with melted butter
- Plenty of fresh, cooked lobster meat, including two whole claws and a whole tail, deveined and split
- Drawn butter, optional
- Mayonnaise, preferably extra heavy, optional
1. Grill the hot dog bun until sides are toasted and golden. This takes just a few minutes.
2. Rip lobster meat into chunks and fill the middle of the roll. Put the whole claws at each side of the roll and put the split lobster tail on top.
3. Ogle your sandwich. Eat as is or drizzled with drawn butter or mayonnaise. Wish you had made two.
From Red’s Eats: World’s Best Lobster Shack by Virginia Wright and Debbie Gagnon Cronk