Tell us your Maine Thing and be entered for your chance to win a quintessential New England winter getaway to The Bethel Inn Resort, Maine’s premier four-season resort. Hit the slopes with day ski passes to Sunday River Resort’s 135 outstanding trails, then explore the western Lakes and Mountains region by cross-country ski, snowshoe or snowmobile. Here in the quaint town of Bethel, you’ll enjoy hearty traditional fare, comfortable accommodations and enough quirky Maine character to keep you warm all winter long.
- I was stationed in Maine in the 70's. Everyday was an experience. One thing I didn't get a chance to do was go out on a lobster boat. I am coming to Maine in July to celebrate our belated honeymoon. Being in Maine for our honeymoon will be our perfect day.
- Driving up route 1 from Bar Harbor to Lubec on my motorcycle. Absolutely love the northeast coast of Maine.
- Snowmobiling through the great northern Maine woods. There is nothing more beautiful and peaceful than riding through the woods on a winter day.
- I would love to bike in Acadia in September before the Jordan Pond house closes, so that I can have a great refueling stop there before moving on to some shopping.
- Digging steamers in Moose Cove, acquiring fresh lobsters off the wharf in Cutler and having an enormous and GREAT feast for dinner of both.
- Spending time sitting on the rocks at Schoodic Peninsula reading a book. Then watching the sun set from the top of Cadillac Mountain. Ending with a lobster dinner from a local lobster pound. And top the day off with a cone of homemade ice cream. Sounds to me like Maine is relaxingly delicious. It is!
- I would love to visit Portland. I would take a foodie tour and a brewery tour. Longfellow’s house would be a must visit. A walking architectural tour and the Portland Museum of Art would be great. I would end my visit with a boat tour of Casco Bay.
- I would want to wake up to go on a half day morning white water rafting excursion, then go on a lobster boat and learn how to fish for lobster. Afterwards, I would want to go in a hot air balloon at sunset. Dinner on the beach, eating a lobster would be an ideal ending to the day.
- I sure would love to visit Maine for the first time this fall. I'd cycle along the coast, bring my 35mm camera and take scenic shots, make my 13-year old twins leave their electronic devices at home and hike the backroads. At night I'd indulge in all the local culinary delights that I could get my hands on!
- Our perfect day in Maine would start out taking a bagged breakfast to watch the sunrise at a high point, taking a walk around a scenic lake, enjoying a drive to see the beautiful landscape, enjoying lunch at a local roadside seafood restaurant, then an ATV ride, and then ending the day with a dinner cruise.
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
Sweeps valid dates 11.17.14 - 3.31.15. Must be 21 years or older at time of entry to qualify. See official rules.